Edge computing is creating a new internet. In an age where consumers and businesses demand the smallest possible delay between asking a question and getting an answer, edge computing is the only way to reduce the time to insight. Enterprise technology leaders are moving to edge computing to shrink this gap by lowering latency, dealing with data even when there is insufficient bandwidth, and handling data sovereignty and compliance. However, setting up and managing hundreds or even thousands of distributed remote environments is difficult and error-prone even for highly sophisticated IT teams.
The Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform automates the installation and operations of thousands of Kubernetes clusters across edge environments to empower your team to reliably run Kubernetes and your software applications in production on the edge.
The Kubermatic Edge Computing Accelerator helps you to implement state-of-the-art Kubernetes operations with a best-in-class architecture. Our experienced architects will provide you with strategic and operational guidance at all stages of the process to avoid common pitfalls and ensure a successful and smooth edge computing implementation.
The Kubermatic Edge Computing Accelerator covers six engagement phases:
Explore -> Design -> Deploy -> Enablement -> Testing -> Touchdown
Our architects engage with your team to review your use case and align your requirements and current stack with the technical deployment of Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform.
- Kickoff workshop
- Architecture review and assessment of project setup and timeline
- List of requirements (overall & PoC)
- Documentation of PoC scope and procedure of implementation (incl. timeline)
During a series of workshops and in close cooperation with your team, our architects develop an architecture design for the first PoC of Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform for the edge which corresponds best with your use case.
- Definition of architectural design and hosting model reflecting your requirements for example regarding microservices decoupling, availability, manageability, and performance
- Advising best practices for integrations and extensions
- Summary document including recommended architecture design and hosting model
- Initial architecture overview
- Creation of an integration development checklist
During an on-site or remote engagement, our architects make sure that Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform for the edge is successfully deployed.
- Installation of Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform and other required services
- Identification of potential training needs and where necessary, delivery of customized training programs (not included)
- Setup Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform
- Documentation and configuration of the setup
In the enablement phase, our architects will handover the Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform installation to your team.
- Workshops on operational tasks reflecting your requirements e.g. regarding availability, manageability, performance, storage, and networking
- As needed, delivery of training programs (not included)
- Define cluster configuration and deploy cluster based on defined configuration
- Concept papers for a long-term vision
Our architects work closely with your team to ensure that Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform is effectively operated.
- Execution of comprehensive testing based on PoC requirements against a test plan, including functional testing, production-readiness testing, load testing, and usability testing
- Review of logging, metrics and capacity utilization and evaluation of operations best practice for your use case
- List of tests to be performed based on PoC requirements
- Documentation of test results of application deployment and operations
Our architects will present the result of setup and engage with your team to identify next steps.
- Touchdown workshop with presentation of results and outlook
- Identification of next steps
- Presentation of results
- List of prerequisites for production Go-live
KubeOne is installed and running on the infrastructure which is used for this Accelerator.
This Accelerator includes a Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform Enterprise Subscription. The following details apply:
- 2 months subscription
- 125 vCPU & 500 GB RAM