Kubermatic Virtualization powered by KubeVirt allows companies to run virtual machines and containers side by side on the same infrastructure all being run by Kubernetes. Simplify your infrastructure into one consistent stack that can manage both legacy and greenfield applications. In close cooperation with your team, our experts will set up a KubeVirt cluster with you running on Kubernetes and migrate a pilot application onto it to accelerate cloud native adoption. Our experienced architects will provide you with strategic and operational guidance at all stages of the process to avoid common pitfalls and ensure a successful and smooth implementation.
Explore -> Design -> Deploy -> Migrate -> Operate
Our architects engage with your team to review your use case and align your requirements and current stack with the development and deployment of cloud native applications.
- Architecture review and definition of project setup and timeline
- Identification of possible skill gaps and, if needed, creation of training plan
- Review summary
- Project outline
- High level application migration plan
During a series of workshops, our architects advise and support your team in developing an architecture design for migrating virtualized applications to Kubernetes that corresponds best with your use case.
- Definition of architecture design and hosting model, reflecting your requirements e.g. regarding availability, manageability, performance, storage, and networking
- Evaluation of possibilities for automation
- Summary document including recommended architecture design and hosting model
- Initial architecture overview
- Migration checklist
During an on-site engagement, our architects make sure that Kubermatic Virtualization powered by KubeVirt is successfully deployed.
- Installation of Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform and other required services
- Identification of potential training needs and where necessary, delivery of customized training programs (not included)
- Setup Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform
- Documentation and configuration of the setup
During an on-site or remote engagement, our engineers work closely with your team to pilot a first migration of your virtualized application.
- Working as an advisor for your development team
- Helping to implement the first pilot application migration
- Continuous review of the development and architecture
- As needed, delivery of training programs (not included)
- Defined in the Explore and Design phase
- Progress document
- Initial test plan and execution plan
Kubermatic architects conduct a series of review activities to ensure that the application is effectively operated. Our engineers also provide support for day-to-day operations questions.
- Review of logging, metrics and capacity utilization and evaluation of operations best practice for your use case
- As needed, delivery of training programs
- Operation improvements summary
- Guide for logging and monitoring
Participants should have a basic knowledge of Kubernetes, Linux operating system, command-line tools and containers.