Kubermatic is an official CNCF and Linux Foundation Training Partner.
The Kubernetes Operator Development Training accelerates your understanding of Kubernetes and is focused on building and deploying a Kubernetes Operator. It introduces basic Kubernetes Operator concepts including Custom Resource Definitions, Initializer/Finalizer and Code generation.
- Overview Operators – Introduction/Recap
- Explore & deploy existing operators
- Underlying concepts
- Custom Resource Definitions
- Kubernetes API Machinery Introduction
- Framework overview - OperatorFramework, OLM, KubeBuilder
- Build your first operator
- API Basics: api groups, resource vs. kind, versioning, discovery
- API Machinery: Scheme, GVK, GVR, RestMapper
- Defining Custom Resource Definitions (CRD’s): Validation, Defaulting, Code generation
- Components of a Kubernetes Controller
Participants should have a deep understanding of Kubernetes and container technologies, some experience programming (preferred Golang) and be able to use the Linux operating system as well as command-line tools.