Kubermatic is an official CNCF and Linux Foundation Training Partner.
The Monitoring With Prometheus Training accelerates your understanding of Prometheus and provides a practical instruction on how to implement Prometheus on Kubernetes. The class covers key monitoring concepts, presents important metrics including the 4 golden signals, and shows how to implement alerting rules.
- Getting started with Prometheus
- Pull model monitoring
- The Prometheus server
- Metrics exporters
- Service discovery mechanisms
- Using the expression browser
- Start the node exporter
- Configure Prometheus to monitor the node exporter
- Use prometheus-operator
- Monitor Kubernetes components and etcd
- Learn the expression language
- Instrument code and run example-app based on Go or Python
- Run Grafana dashboard
- Write example-app alert
Participants should have a basic understanding of the Linux operating system, command-line tools, containers and a PC with a modern browser and a fast internet connection.